Friday, December 5, 2014

A Holiday Tradition of the Christmas Ornament

Each year as a gift that is opened for Christmas Eve, we have an ornament for each family member that represents them for that year.  When my kids were younger, we had motorcycles, trains, and tractors, along with Bob the Builder and Sponge Bob Square Pants.  The girls had Hello Kitty, Barbie, and dancing pigs and soft kitty cats.  Each year Mom's ornament would be one that could be used as a family portrait.  I treasure these ornaments each year as I open up the boxes and hand each ornament to each child as they hang it upon the Christmas tree.  I love to look at the homemade ornaments that my kids have made me also.  The hand-painted snowman and the felted Christmas tree that holds a picture of my son from his kindergarten year.  We will watch a movie such as Polar Express or listen to Christmas music, as my husband prepares hot chocolate drink and popcorn for everyone.  It's always so much work to get everything unloaded, but I wouldn't trade the memories made with my kids for all the treasures in the world.  Welcome to the holiday season.  May your seasons be blessed with fond memories that brings the Christ Child nearer to you this whole year through.  For more thoughts from me, please check out Shiny Objects from a mom's journey to finding Hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment