Monday, February 1, 2016

Trim Healthy Mama Monday-100 Day Challenge

My First "Before" picture, taken August 2015
I've debated back and forth on whether to share my journey of weight loss with the world.  Truth is, it puts me in a vulnerable state on many levels.  First, there's the truth about my weight and size.  I know when a person sees me out in public they see my size.  But, truth be told, I work really hard to cover it up and chances are pretty high that someone will not come to my face and tell me what they really think of my size.  When I put it out there for anyone to read about and look at, it's so much easier for people to hide behind the internet and say what's really on their mind.  Vulnerable state.

Next, I'm happy with the body that I'm in, even right now.  God has made me wondrously and beautifully right where I'm at.  I have always strived for healthy balance in my life.  Unfortunately, old habits are hard to let go, especially when things are stressful or emotionally draining in my life.  Every day presents its own struggles and challenges.  And I fail. A lot.  When I let my blog tell my journey, I create a certain expectation to my reader.  An expectation that I will finish this.  And I will. But, when I put myself up for display, I have to be responsible to those who have encouraged me.  And I want to.  But, here I'll tell you in advance, I slip,  I mess up, I get mad, discouraged, frustrated, and busy, and don't follow through (it's my ADHD way).  So, putting it out there puts in writing my flaws and I don't like to see it.

Thirdly,  I'm not any better than anyone else and I don't ever want to give the impression that I'm superior in this subject (or any other, for that matter).  My intent is to document my journey, rejoice in my progress, and encourage others to become the best that they can be (and Healthy).  That is what I hope to gain from sharing my journey and so, I will make myself vulnerable to you.
This is my "before" as a start the 100 Day Challenge.
My goal will be to lose those flabby arms, take away the
chunky middle, smooth out the saddle bags, and
waste away that rump.

This is my "before" as a start the 100 Day Challenge.
My goal will be to lose those flabby arms, take away the
chunky middle, smooth out the saddle bags, and
waste away that rump.

My before picture all natural!  Double Chin has
got to go!  We've been together a long time,
but I must be rid of you!
This is my "before" as a start the 100 Day Challenge.
My goal will be to lose those flabby arms, take away the
chunky middle, smooth out the saddle bags, and
waste away that rump.























I'm so glad that I discovered Trim Healthy Mama through others that have taken the journey before me.  I'm thankful for Priscilla and Serene sharing the vision that God put on their hearts.  It's awesome to finally have a doable eating plan that actually let's me feel satisfied and is really very yummy while doing it.  At the start of the challenge, I am down approximately 15 pounds from my summer picture.  It's not going to be about the number on the scale.  It's more about how I look and feel.  At this point, I have not added any exercise, but that all changes today.  My goal is P90x and on the off days, getting back to running a mile or two a day.  It's not a diet because it's not something I do to lose weight then go back to normal eating. It's a yummy, delicious alternative to feeling like crap all the time.  On Mondays I will share the week's journey with my reading friends.  If you would like to join me on this journey of the 100 Day Challenge, seek out the Facebook page and join the fun!  We'll cross that finish line together (or is there a finish line?)

My First Meal of the 100 Day Challenge:  2 fried eggs, Brianna Thomas's 5 ingredient hot chocolate (yummo), my Perfect Energy Hot Tea, and regular water.

Loves, Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment