Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Teachability

James 1:21
Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you,  which can save you.

As I read this verse, I said to myself, "Get rid of moral filth?  Check. I can do that!  Get rid of evil that is so prevalent?  No problem!"  But then I came to the part, "humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you".  Now, that means I'm to have a teachable spirit.   It goes on to say,  "Do not merely listen to the word,  and so deceive yourselves.   Do what it says. "   Those parts are so much harder to "listen to"  than actually do!  It means,  "So you don't like it?  Do it anyway!  So you want to be in my presence?  Then, do it regardless!  You want to get involved in that gossip?   Shut your mouth just because my word says! "  I struggle with getting my actions to align with God's Word sometimes.   Do you too?  This is my prayer;  that as I read God's Word, that I would have a teachable spirit within me, and that I would not only acknowledge the words that God says,  but will take action to DO what His Word says.

No comments:

Post a Comment