Friday, January 16, 2015

Excited to Finally Start the New Year!

Yes, you read that right!  It's January 16th and I'm just getting my new year going!  You know the old saying, "Day Late and a Dollar Short"?  Yep, that tends to always be me!  Haha.  But, as my blog talks about this morning, there's no need to beat myself up.!  I'm just thankful for a break in my schedule to get busy.  So, I drank a little extra liquid caffiene and now it's time to get to work!

What am I working on, you ask?  Well, this is my objective...

I have papers coming at me from all directions!  Ok, I might have a problem with saving EVERYTHING, but it has always been a relief when I am able to go back and find something I had read or an old reciept to return something or to reminisce about a child's old art project.  So...I save.  But I've become buried in papers, so, my first goal is to scan everything!  My printer (worth its weight in gold) is a HP Officejet 4500 Wireless with a scanner, printer, and fax in one.  I am able to go to the "Solutions Center" icon, that is created when I downloaded the software, and hit scan to file and voila!  It's easy peasy!  It scans and saves and then I rename the file, putting it directly unto my external hard drive, organized in whatever category it belongs (ie. church, home, blogs, pictures, etc.) and now I do the best part:  throw the paper away!  Now, this task is daunting and I plan to do scan all pictures that were pre-digital also, but I figure every paper or picture scanned is one step closer to sanity for me.  My son also wants to earn a little extra cash, so I plan on sitting him down on the task and paying him for moving the project along (after he's done with his schoolwork, of course).  So, there you have it.  I may not come out of the dungeon, aka basement, for awhile.  Now you'll know why. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment