Friday, February 27, 2015

Taking the Time I Need

Sometimes it's really hard to just stop with the busyness and just listen to what the Holy Spirit would have you to do.  At least it is for me.  From the time my brain clicks "Open for Business" in the morning, I'm thinking of all the things I need to get done and how I'm going to accomplish it all.  This week has been busy, as I work every other week cleaning houses.  It has been hard to catch up with the things that need to get done.  But in the midst of it all, my dear friend had surgery.  Not only did she have surgery, but one of her children had their tonsils and adenoids taken out and two of her other children had their wisdom teeth removed.  So, pretty much the whole family is down and out and dad had to head off to work this morning.  So, I have chosen to hear the voice of God this morning.  Quite frankly, I'm ashamed of myself that I didn't answer immediately, but then I was reminded that I don't have to carry the guilt of that:)  All I have to do is answer when He calls and today he's called in a sweet voice of a friend who needs my help.  I will spend my day taking care of my friend and her kids.  I'm so blessed to have the privilege. Thank you, God, for my dear friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment