Monday, December 14, 2015

Dear Momma Monday: Mommy Fail





Dear Momma,

We have those days.  Those days when we feel like we messed up big time with our kids.  We forgot to send a lunch.  We locked our kids in the car with the keys inside (I admit it.  Really bad day.)  We yelled at a kid for just doing what kids do.  We didn't take a kid to the doctor because we thought they were faking it, only to find out they were really very sick.  What's your story?  We all have them.  And some days (usually certain times of the month-not naming which times) we just question whether we're even set up to do this gig.

Oh, and here's a good one:  The comparison game.  Sister Suzy seems to be the perfect mom.  She makes sure the kids brush their teeth (even the baby who doesn't have teeth, because you can never start too early, right?)  Or the one that has all the neighborhood kids over and supplies endless amounts of snacks for everyone (you know your kids tell you have nothing to eat at your house).  Or the mom that looks good ALL THE TIME!  She even has make up on at Walmart!  I mean, you're lucky you got a shower in the last 3 days, let alone make up!  Or, let's go a little deeper.  That wife that "takes care of her husband".  I mean, really?  Are you trying to make us all look bad????  Here's another one.  The friend that seems to always have time to have deep spiritual talks and time with God and always has fresh revelation to share with others.  Your prayer time sounds more like, "Help! I'm confused, hurt, and lonely and need more time! I can never be that spiritual to fill my cup because the kids ALWAYS consume me!"  How does she do it?  Why can't I be more like her?

I'm going to guess that someone out there knows what I'm talking about.  I'm going to guess that you've heard the same lying thoughts in your ears that says I'm not good enough.  I'm not what I thought I would be.  I have failed at ....  I'm here today to tell you that you are not those lies that you tell yourself.  Those lies are from the pit of hell, left there to discourage you and beat you down as you travel on your journey in motherhood.

God has picked you for this place and time in eternity to touch a soul.  He knows that you are incapable of doing it all perfect.  He's really good at using imperfect people to do amazing things.  I mean, look at David, whose heart was said to be "a heart after God", and yet he was a murderer, consumed by his lusts of another man's wife.  Look at Paul.  He killed Christians.  He was rough around the edges. Yet God used him to spread the message of Christ to the world.  What about Rahab?  She was a prostitute that was used to protect God's people from death!  I would say these people were just a few of the many that were less than perfect, yet were still chosen by God to do a job.  He has chosen you to be the mom of your children.  You CAN do it and you're the best person to do it!

So, even on those days that you feel like you have a big "FAIL" written across your forehead, remember, you can pick yourself back up.  His mercies are new every morning.  And sometimes we need to see that His mercies are new every minute.  You can do this!  You can rise above your circumstance and carry on.  One minute at a time!  Acknowledge your imperfect and embrace it.  Learn from it and grow from it.  Because some little body needs you.  Just the way you are!


Blessings,

Angie





No comments:

Post a Comment