Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Worship Wednesday: Just Another Christmas



Today's worship song might have been posted a little late, but when I heard this song, I thought how true this song Just Another Christmas by Laura Story truly is.  It's so easy to get caught up on all the things that need to get done during the holidays.   Sometimes it just feels like auto pilot as you buy the gifts, make the food, go to Christmas plays and concerts, blah, blah, blah.  It feels like it just all comes at ya, sometimes with no meaning or feeling.  Yes, we all know what it means, but I'm talking about really living in the revelation that the God who made us now provided the long anticipated connection between Him and His Bride.  By this magic moment the whole earth, for all eternity, would be forever changed.  Divinity touched humanity.

I've heard it said that December 25th would not have been the actual day of the Savior's birth.  In a sense, I'm glad that is true because of what we have made the "Holy Day" to be.  I want to make a concentrated effort to make this not just another year, but to seek His presence during this season.  I want to live it as a young child experiencing it for the very first time.  I don't want it to be diluted with my "to do"s and the unnecessary extras.  I want to worship my God as I remember the awesome wonder that He did when He gave everything to be with me.  Join me as I worship today.

Blessings,

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment